Lytton Street School in Feilding has students in Years 1 to 6. The roll of 546 students includes 32% who identify as Māori and 3% Pacific. Since the December 2014 ERO report, the roll has increased by six classes.
The values of ‘Respect, Akohia, Hautoa, Ambition and Ownership’ are integrated throughout the school and displayed in each classroom. Leaders and teachers regularly report to the board, schoolwide information about outcomes for students in the following areas:
- reading, writing and mathematics in relation to national and school expectations
- behaviour and wellbeing
- learning, presence, participation and respect for cultural identities.
Over the past three years the curriculum has been redeveloped to incorporate an increased focus on relationships, culture, engagement and fostering independent learning. Professional learning and development has focused on teaching philosophy and curriculum development. The board employs facilitators for literacy and mathematics. The school is part of, and the principal leads, the Feilding Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako.
Kick Start to School
Lytton Street School offers a "Kick-start-to-School" Programme for those children who are enrolled to attend our school and will be turning 5 years old this year, and a parent or caregiver who must attend with them. This is a once-a-week class and ideally children should have 6 - 8 sessions, prior to starting school. Please contact the school office for information and enrolment form.
Piano Play and Guitar
We will report on your child’s progress in the following ways:
- Team and/or class parent-teacher goal-setting meeting at the beginning of the school year (several nights, in the middle of the term).
- Request interviews at any time.
- Formal interview (oral report) mid year, in depth
- Informal Meetings, as required.
- End-of-year written report for all children
- Week 8 report for new 5 year olds. Parents are reminded that the first point of contact with any queries/concerns regarding their child is with the class teacher. It sometimes can be difficult to directly contact a staff member, so please leave your name, contact number and message at the office.
“I love going to school everyday
and seeing all my friends”
Together, we Live to Learn and Learn to Live